Afghani Chicken Curry is a delicious chicken recipe from Afghanistan. Rich in spices, this recipe tastes best when served with rice or roti.
- 1 Chicken
- 5 gms – Ginger
- 5 gms – Garlic
- 5 gms – Kachri
- 5 gms – Yellow chilli powder
- 2 gms – Turmeric
- 200 ml – Curd
- A pinch of Garam Masala
- 30 gms – Bengal Gram flour
- 2 gms – Cumin powder
For the gravy:
- 200 gms – Tomatoes
- 200 gms – Onions
- 3 gms – Cinnamon
- 3 gms – Cardamom
- 3 gms – Cloves
- Bay Leaves
- 1/2 bunch green coriander
- 150 gms – Broken Cashewnuts50 ml – Cream
- 50 ml – fat
HOW TO MAKE AFGHANI CHICKEN:
- Clean, skin and debone chicken and cut it into small pieces.
- Grind ginger and garlic, beat curd and combine them together with ginger/garlic paste, kachri, yellow chilli powder, turmeric, cumin powder, garam masala powder and Bengal gram flour (besan). Mix well. Add salt. Add chicken to the curd mixture and set them aside for about an hour.
- Put pieces of chicken on a skewer and grill over live charcoal till chicken is half done and remove it.
- To prepare gravy, chop tomatoes and onions.
- Heat fat in a pan, add whole garam masala and chopped onions and saute without discolouring.
- Add tomatoes and sufficient water to form a thick gravy. Cook for about 10 mins. Add cashewnut paste and chicken.
- Cook till the chicken is tender.
- Add cream last, and serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves.